Orlando Paternity Lawyer

Helping Enforce Fathers’ Rights in Orlando

Thousands of men pay child support through the Florida Department of Revenue because they signed a child’s birth certificate. Many of these men are obligated to make payments without being able to spend proper time with their kids.

If you are dealing with a problem related to paternity, child custody, visitation, or other fathers' rights in Orlando, then a knowledgeable Orlando paternity lawyer may be able to help you solve it. At Conti Moore Law, PLLC, we have extensive experience with paternity matters and related fathers' rights issues.

Get the legal help you need. Contact Conti Moore Law, PLLC at (407) 315-2006 to speak with a paternity lawyer in Orlando today.

How Long Does a Father Have to Establish Paternity in Florida?

While it is best to establish paternity as soon as possible, Florida’s statue of limitations for filing for paternity is within four years after the child turns 18 years old.

Does Signing a Birth Certificate Establish Paternity in Florida?

No, simply signing a birth certificate does not establish paternity in Florida if the couple is unmarried. Even if the father’s name is on the birth certificate, he will still need to submit a paternity action to be legally recognized as the father. If the mother does not contest the paternity action, then it is as easy as signing an agreement. This is applicable to unmarried parents. When the parents are married, then the husband is assumed to be the legal father.

How Does a Father Establish Paternity in Florida?

If the couple is unmarried, the father will need to establish paternity in Florida to be legally recognized as the father. This can be done voluntarily or through a court order.

  • Voluntary paternity – If the mother and father agree, then they can sign the “Voluntary Acknowledgement of Paternity”, which establishes the one signing as the legal father. The agreement can be revoked within 60 days if force or fraud was used, but after 60 days, the agreement is legally binding.
  • Court order – If the voluntary agreement is not signed, then either the mother or the man who claims to be the father can petition for a court order. The Florida Department of Child Support Services can also seek the order. In this case, the court will order genetic testing for the mother, child, and potential father. This test will be able to prove whether the alleged father is the actual father.

Do not hesitate to contact our firm for legal assistance.

Confident, Knowledgeable Paternity Attorneys

Our Orlando paternity lawyers are confident and knowledgeable about the laws and legal procedures that affect your life and your children’s lives. We can help you resolve your paternity issue, whether you are struggling with a financial issue, seeking time-sharing rights regarding your children, or trying to establish or contest paternity.

Our paternity lawyers can answer important questions about fathers' rights like:

  • What does “time sharing” mean, and how does that phrase relate to the child support I am required to pay?
  • Why can the Department of Revenue come after me for child support?
  • What if I can’t afford the child support payment? Can it be changed?
  • How do I establish paternity? What exactly will that do for me?
  • Can I increase the amount of time I spend with my son or daughter?
  • What if the mother or father of my child is not being cooperative about visitation or another matter?
  • What if I’m not the father of a child for whom I am paying child support?

Contact us at (407) 315-2006 now to schedule a consultation with a fathers’ rights attorney in Orlando about your specific situation.

How Do We Help You Stress Less?

  • Free Consultations
  • 35+ Years of Combined Experience
  • Aggressive Attorneys That Will Fight For You
  • Evening, Weekend & Phone Appointments Available
  • Honest & Transparent Representation
  • Flexible Payment Plans Available