Family Law

The Right Lawyer on Your Side

Family Law

The field of family law encompasses some of life’s most difficult issues. It can involve complex matters related to marriage, children, parenthood, financial issues and interpersonal struggles. Family Law matters often involve high stakes and long-term consequences. It is wise to be selective when seeking a lawyer to assist you in resolving family law matters while protecting your legal rights and advocating for your best interests.

Extensive Family Law Experience. A Focus On Action And Results.

At Conti Moore Law, PLLC, we have extensive experience in the area of family law. We have a reputation for being aggressive and proactive, we are focused on action and we are dedicated to finding solutions to your most challenging family law problems. Our firm handles matters including:

Divorce and Marital Separation

Divorce can be one of life’s most difficult experiences. In addition to the challenges of property division, lifestyle transitions and changes that affect children, there are often serious emotional challenges and difficult choices that need to be made. Because of the seriousness of these matters, it is important to have the right attorney from the beginning.

If you are going through a divorce, the choices you make now can have a significant impact on the future. “Do it yourself” methods and poor representation can result in increased financial liability and all kinds of problems down the road. While life is unpredictable, experience has shown us that thorough, strategic legal representation can prevent many of these problems.

Do It Right The First Time

At Conti Moore Law, PLLC, we will handle your divorce case properly the first time, without mistakes and without excuses. Our Florida attorneys are proactive and aggressive, with a total focus on action and results. We can help you find answers to questions like:

  • Who will get the house? What if the house is “upside down” or “underwater”?
  • How will child custody be determined? What does time sharing mean?
  • Will I be entitled to child support or spousal support?
  • Will I have to pay child support? If so, who decides how much?
  • How will assets be divided? Is everything split in half?
  • What if I own a business? Is my spouse entitled to half of it?
  • How will debts be divided? How can I make sure it’s done fairly?
  • What if I am in the military? What if my spouse is a service member?
  • What’s the difference between uncontested divorce and contested divorce?

There are specific laws that apply to every divorce, but each situation is different.

Make sure you get proper legal advice about your situation.

Call a Divorce Attorney in Orlando – (407) 831-0203

Division of Assets & Debts

Custody & Visitation (Time Sharing)

In Florida, the term time sharing is used to describe child custody and visitation arrangements. Time-sharing orders are issued by a court and must be adhered to by both parents of a child.

If you have a time-sharing concern or if you’re unclear about how the law relates to you and your child or children, an experienced family lawyer can help you find a solution. We Can Help You Resolve Your Time-Sharing Issue.

At Conti Moore Law, PLLC, we understand custody and visitation issues because we handle them every day, serving mothers and fathers alike in resolving time-sharing matters of all kinds.

Our attorneys can help you find specific answers to important questions like:

Is an unmarried mother of a child the default custodian?

In many cases, but it depends on the situation.

Does a mother have to let a father see his child?

It depends on the situation. When paternity is established, a father can obtain visitation rights.

How does child support relate to time sharing?

Florida courts use formulas to dictate if child support will be paid, and, if so, how much. We can help you understand how these formulas relate to your situation.

Why is the Florida Department of Revenue involved in my custody situation?

If your child was born outside a marriage, the Department of Revenue may intervene if benefits are being paid by the state.

Can I increase the amount of time I spend with my son or daughter?

In some situations, you can petition a court for modification of your time-sharing or child custody order.

What if the mother or father of my child is not being cooperative about custody or visitation arrangements?

We can help you pursue enforcement of time-sharing orders if the other parent is not allowing you to see your child.

Call a Visitation Attorney in Kissimmee – (407) 831-0203

for a Free Consultation

Child support

Everyone knows that children need to be provided for, and most people are familiar with the basics of how child support works.
Whether it is ordered as part of a divorce or through the Florida Department of Revenue, child support is calculated based on the income of both parents, on time-sharing arrangements and on other factors.

Pursuing Child Support Arrangements That Are Fair And Appropriate

If you pay or receive child support (or expect to pay or receive it), you may have important concerns about your children, your money and your legal rights. An experienced family law attorney can help you make sure your child support arrangements are fair and appropriate, and that they are adhered to by your co-parent.

At Conti Moore Law, PLLC, we understand all aspects of Florida child support, and we know how to get results. Our attorneys can help you find specific answers to important questions like:

  • Why is the Florida Department of Revenue involved in my child support case?
  • How does child support modification work? Do I qualify for a modification?
  • How can I be sure I’m not paying too much or receiving too little?
  • What if I simply can’t afford the child support payments?
  • What if I’m not actually the father of a child?
  • What if I get married or my co-parent gets married? How will that affect child support?

Every child support situation is different. We can help you understand how Florida laws apply to you and your children and help you explore your options for resolving your child support issue as quickly as possible.

Call a Child Support Enforcement Lawyer

in Kissimmee – (407) 831-0203

Spousal Support

Alimony, which is sometimes known as spousal support, refers to payments by one former spouse to another, usually during or following a divorce. In Florida, alimony can take several forms, including bridge-the-gap alimony (which is temporary), durational alimony (which is ordered by a court for a specified period of time), lump-sum alimony and permanent alimony (which is ordered in rare cases). Since every divorce case is different, no two alimony arrangements are exactly alike.

If you believe you are entitled to alimony, if you expect to pay alimony, or if you anticipate a change in circumstances that may impact your current alimony arrangements, you may be concerned about your finances, and you may be wondering whether you will be treated fairly in court. Our firm can help you address these and other important family law issues.

Guidance Regarding Alimony Matters

At Conti Moore Law, PLLC, we represent parties in divorce cases and in all aspects of alimony matters. If you are unsure about your rights and responsibilities with regard to spousal support, we can help you by:

  • Helping you understand how the length of your marriage, your and your spouse’s incomes, and other factors impact your support obligation or entitlement
  • Assessing your need for support and/or your ability to pay support
  • Considering how child support may play a role in your case if you have children under the age of 18
  • Modifying alimony if your income has changed significantly

Contact A Spousal Support Lawyer Serving Kissimmee And Orlando | Free Consultation | Hablamos Español

Paternity & Fathers’ Rights

Thousands of men pay child support through the Florida Department of Revenue because they signed a child’s birth certificate. Many of these men are obligated to make payments without being able to spend proper time with their kids.

If you are dealing with a problem related to paternity, child custody or visitation, a knowledgeable family law lawyer may be able to help you solve it. At Conti Moore Law, PLLC, we have extensive experience with paternity matters and related issues.

Confident, Knowledgeable Attorneys

Our attorneys are confident and knowledgeable about the laws and legal procedures that affect your life and your children’s lives. We can help you resolve your paternity issue, whether you are struggling with a financial issue, seeking time-sharing rights regarding your children or trying to establish or contest paternity. Our attorneys can answer important questions like:

  • What does “time sharing” mean, and how does that phrase relate to the child support I am required to pay?
  • Why can the Department of Revenue come after me for child support?
  • What if I can’t afford the child support payment? Can it be changed?
  • How do I establish paternity? What exactly will that do for me?
  • Can I increase the amount of time I spend with my son or daughter?
  • What if the mother or father of my child is not being cooperative about visitation or another matter?
  • What if I’m not the father of a child for whom I am paying child support?

Call A Fathers’ Rights Attorney in Kissimmee

Grandparent Rights

Some grandparents are in the difficult position of having to care for their grandchildren when the children’s parents should be doing so. Other grandparents want to obtain guardianship or temporary custody of their grandchildren because of substance abuse or mental health problems affecting their own children. Since Florida law gives limited rights to grandparents, though, these problems often require the assistance of a knowledgeable lawyer.

If you are caring for your grandchild, or you believe you should be, our firm can assist you. We are highly experienced in the area of family law, having successfully handled many complex cases involving children and families.

Advice And Representation For Grandparents

At Conti Moore Law, PLLC, we represent and advise grandparents who are navigating difficult situations. We can help you understand your legal rights and your options for resolving your problem if:

  • You are the main caregiver for your grandchild
  • You are having difficulty enrolling your grandchild in school or communicating with your grandchild’s teachers or school staff
  • You are trying to obtain medical care for your grandchild
  • You have questions about pursuing the termination of parental rights

Every situation is different. One of our attorneys can evaluate your situation and help you determine what course of action may be worth pursuing.

Contact A Temporary Custody Attorney Serving Kissimmee And Orlando | Free Consultation | Hablamos Español

Support Enforcement

When a family court orders child custody, visitation, child support or alimony, the parties involved are required to adhere to the order.
When a person does not keep his or her end of the arrangement, legal action may be necessary in order to enforce the order.

If your child’s other parent is disregarding a court order, you can pursue enforcement of the court order in a number of ways with the help of a family law attorney. By the same token, an experienced lawyer can help you protect your rights if you are the subject of an enforcement action that is inappropriate or unfair, or that is the product of a misunderstanding.

Strong Legal Representation In Enforcement Matters

At Conti Moore Law, PLLC, we provide strong legal representation and advice in family law cases of all kinds, including cases involving the enforcement of court orders. We can help you enforce a family court order or defend yourself against an enforcement action if your matter involves:

  • Child support payments
  • Child custody and time sharing
  • Alimony that has gone unpaid
  • Motions for contempt
  • Writs of bodily attachment (jail time) for violating a court order
  • Suspension or reinstatement of a driver’s license

Every situation is different. Seek legal advice if you need assistance with a Florida enforcement matter.

Contact A Custody & Visitation Enforcement Attorney Serving Kissimmee And Orlando | Free Consultation | Hablamos Español

Support Modification

Support ModificationIn some family law cases, changes in life call for changes to legal arrangements. If you are researching the modification of court orders, you may have experienced a change in income or expenses, or a change regarding the needs of your child or children. Particularly if you have been divorced for years, you may be wondering what legal rights you have if an existing court order no longer addresses your situation properly.

If you can show a court that you have experienced a substantial change of circumstances, you may be able to change an existing court order. Our firm can help you explore this important issue.

Seeking Modification Of Florida Court Orders

At Conti Moore Law, PLLC, we represent parties in obtaining modifications of court orders. We can assist you if you are interested in a modification (or you wish to contest a modification) related to:

  • A lost job, a business problem or another reduction in income
  • Relocation due to a career, family or relationship change
  • Additional expenses for your children
  • Child custody and time sharing
  • Alimony or spousal support

Modification is not possible or advisable in every case. One of our lawyers can evaluate your situation and help you determine if a modification is a viable option for you.

Contact A Custody Modification Attorney Serving Kissimmee And Orlando | Free Consultation | Hablamos Español

Prenuptial Agreement

Prenuptial AgreementNo one gets married believing that his or her marriage will end. However, some people wish to protect their interests and prevent problems through the use of prenuptial (or premarital) and postmarital agreements, knowing that a future divorce could have a substantial financial impact. This is especially common when significant assets, business interests and/or family assets are involved.

A prenuptial agreement is a contract that enables parties to define what assets will be considered separate property (belonging to one party) and what assets will be considered marital property (belonging to both parties).

A postnuptial agreement is a contract made after marriage that can similarly delineate what assets belong to each of the parties.

Protecting Assets, Before And After Marriage

At Conti Moore Law, PLLC, our experienced family law attorneys provide advice and representation with regard to prenuptial and postmarital agreements. If you are considering ways to protect wealth, we can assist you in developing contracts that address:

  • Assets acquired before the marriage such as inherited assets
  • Assets that were acquired, or that may be acquired, after marriage
  • Business interests, including family businesses
  • Professional practices, including medical and legal practices
  • Real estate holdings
  • Investments such as stocks, bonds and retirement accounts

Premarital and postmarital agreements are not appropriate for everyone.

Seek the advice of a lawyer if you have questions about your situation.

Contact A Postnuptial Agreement Attorney Serving Kissimmee And Orlando | Free Consultation | Hablamos Español

Military Divorce

High Asset

Contact An Orlando And Kissimmee Divorce Attorney For A Free Consultation

Contact us for a free consultation with an Orlando Family Law attorney. We will answer your questions and help you understand your options for resolving your family law issue, whether it concerns divorce, time sharing, child support or another matter.
Our attorneys are committed to providing convenient service and high value to our clients. We accept credit cards and offer flexible payment plans, which make excellent representation affordable for our clients. Evening, weekend and phone appointments are available. Hablamos Español.

Contact Us for a Free Initial Consultation

7 + 14 =

At Conti Moore Law We Offer:

Free Consultations

Credit Card Payments

Payment Plans

Evening / Weekend

Phone Appointments

Orlando Office

Call Us at (407) 831-0203

Orlando Office

1314 East Robinson Street
Orlando, FL 32801

1314 East Robinson Street
Orlando, FL 32801

Cocoa Office

Call Us at (321) 710-2733

Cocoa Office

956 N. Cocoa Blvd. Suite 1125
Cocoa, FL 32922
Phone: 321-710-2733

956 N. Cocoa Blvd. Suite 1125
Cocoa, FL 32922

Conti Moore Smith Super Lawyers



Conti Moore Law, PLLC, is based in Orlando, Florida. The firm serves clients in Kissimmee, Lake Nona, Winter Park, Apopka, Clermont, Sanford, Altamonte Springs, Oak Ridge, Winter Springs, Orlovista, Conway, Lake Mary, Winter Garden, Windermere, Baldwin Park, Maitland, Longwood, Eatonville, Ocoee, Doctor Phillips, Gotha, Oviedo, Celebration and St. Cloud, as well as other locations in Orange County, Seminole County, Osceola County and Brevard County.

© 2016 by Conti Moore Law, PLLC. All rights reserved. Disclaimer | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Law Firm Marketing by FindLaw, a Thomson Reuters business.